Come and learn with us, to build our home with mud beneath our feet. Join us in the month of April as we sculpt a small structure made of Cob (Earthbags), Straw, Bamboo and all reasonable Natural materials. Excursions, Presentations and discussions will cover design basics, foundation laying details, roofing systems and more. Spend a night under the canvas and get back to nature at a location you are sure to give your heart to.
2 breakfast | 2 lunch | 2 dinner
Get in touch if required
Learn about Natural Building by hand sculpting mud walls, solely comprised of earth stabilized with lime and natural ad mixtures. Get comfortable with natural materials by engaging in hands on work at 1:1 scale on our project site in Panshet. Get up-to-date with the study of contemporary building to widen your insight about natural building materials within our campus. We will walk away from these engagements with the techniques and principles needed to begin natural building by ourselves.
- Reach the site on Friday evening by about 5pm
- After High Tea and Introduction we will brief you about the workshop and CNBP
- Friday night is for Interaction and Ice breaking with the Team
- Saturday morning we will start with the workshop where you will get hands-on experience while we complete our workshop objectives listed in below accordion.
- Wake up at 07.00 in the Morning
- Breakfast timing- 08.00 – 08.30 am
- Lunch timing- 01.00- 02.00 pm
- Dinner time- 08.00- 10.00 pm
- Post Dinner an interactive session with visual presentation on the respective topics will be held, discussed and debated
- We cover the remaining goals of the workshop till lunch on Sunday
- Relax and enjoy yourselves besides the lake with the friends you made during the workshop
- Post High Tea Say final goodbyes to the team and friends and get back to the grind.
- Refer the below accordion for detailed understanding of the tasks and Objective
Batch 01: Mud Construction (16,17&18 April)
– Introduction to Earthbag and Mud construction.
– Preparing Cob and Slurry
– Plastering Earthbags
– Learning Watle & Dob technique
– Preparation of admixture
– Interacting with local worker technicians for in situ problem solving/designing.
– Mud construction is a primary feature of Indian vernacular architecture, since it is a great thermal insulator
– Buildings constructed with mud cost around 3 times less than a standard brick and RCC structure
– Earthbag construction provides the structural stability of an RCC building without the need for concrete.
– The learning from this workshop will equip participants with the necessary knowledge and experience to confidently build in mud on their own.
– The act of community building strengthens social ties and will add to your network of like minded practitioners in the field.
- Workshop, Training and Materials
- All Tools Required during the workshop
- All Meals from Friday High Tea to Sunday High Tea
- Stay in Tents (With Pillows and Blankets)
- Skill Certificate from CNBP
Things To Carry
- Working Gloves, Tape, Stationary including Pens, Pencils, Sketch books, Graph Paper
- 1 lit Non recyclable water bottle (ideally not plastic)
- Loose and comfortable clothes for site work
- Pair of close shoes or sandals
- Cap & Sunglasses
- Snacks you wish to carry
- Extra blanket for those who are not used to cold nights
- Personal medications (if any)
- Torch with extra batteries
- Government ID proof
- Travelling to and fro Panshet (Get in Touch if required)
- Mineral Water
- Anything not mentioned in the things included list.
- Google Maps location – https://maps.app.goo.gl/vbx2ugDiLQkuc57S7
- Batch size: 20 participants/ batch
WORKSHOP & TRAINING | CAMPING
2 Days/ 2 Night
16, 17 & 18 April
If cancellation is done by the participant prior to 3 days of the Event, 50% of total price will be refunded. No refund would be provided if cancellation is done within 3 days of the event.